We are an eminent manufacturer, exporter and supplier of Anthracite Coal. The offered coal is considered as the suitable filtering option for drinking water, waste water, river water, swimming pool water, ground water, mineral water, spring water and well water. Our Anthracite Coal is widely used in chemical industry, pharmaceutical industry, petroleum refineries, paper mills, sugar refinery and cement factories for its good filtration quality, high purity level and abrasion resistance nature. The salient features of this coal are its ability to safeguard Iron Exchangers, RO Plants and Activated Carbon Filters; high backwash velocity; unique density; low wash water consumption rate; international quality; acid and temperature resistance capacity. The necessary specifications of our coal product include "
Technical Data Sheet
- Carbon: approx. 92 %
- Moisture: approx. 2.0 %
- Ash: approx. 3.5 %
- Volatile matter: approx. 5.5 %
- Acid Solubility (19% HCL) 0.5%
- Bulk density: approx. 730 kg/m³
- Bulk Volume 1.37 m3 per ton
- Density: 1.40 – 1.45 g/cm³
- Porosity: < 10 %
- Hardness: approx. 4 Mohs
- Hardgrove: 32 – 34° HGI
- Attrition Loss per 100 backwash : 0.05%
- Color - Black
Standard grain sizes
- Type I: 0,8 – 1,6 mm
- Type II: 1,4 – 2,5 mm
- Type III: 2,0 – 4,0 mm
- Type IV: 3,5 – 7,0 mm
When compared with anthracite from Pennsylvania or other places our product is lighter and better in quality as a filter media Pl see chart below.
Other Anthracite Products
Specially graded ANTHACITE COAL serves as a Filter media for pre filtration and is having characteristics over conventional sand filtration and is economical in long term.
These specially graded coal work as the Filter media for pre filtration and have been rendered with different characteristics over conventional sand filtration. Economical in extended term, the double layer design substitutes the conservative surface filtration via a volume filtration with substantial advantages resultant in evidently reduced operation costs and less space requirements. Provided with higher adsorption capacity of solids, lower initial filter resistance, reduced pressure loss, and extended durability of the filter, these can achieve all necessities for modern water treatment as well as filtration technologies. Also in the major seawater desalination plants of the world, it is coal is preliminary employed in the pre-filtration for the removal of turbidities, on account of its high purity. It does not release silicic acid to the water.
It is principally employed in single/ multi layer filtration.
For removing manganese and iron for fine filtration particularly after softening or speedy de-carbonization.
For elimination of suspended solids as well as turbidity like, elimination of meticulously small algae from tank water in the sequence of drinking –water treatment.
For reducing the phosphate loading of eutrophicated water via flocculation- filtration procedures
For the protection of reverse osmosis plants, activated carbon filters and ion exchangers.
For advanced waste water treatment in wet or dry bed filters this can also be used as the sole material in the filter when the water quality requirements for preparing boiler water, industrial cooling water free of SiO2 must be fulfilled.
Because of its fractured shape, some sediment penetrates deeper into the bed. When compared to equivalent filter sand, which helps longer filter runs and less head loss. Backwash rates are also reduced. Anthracite coal filter assist in protecting the Activated carbon filter bed by boosting its life span and thereby serving to lessen the total operating cost.
Anthracite, with its unique density can be employed in several multi-media filters and stand as the above heavier media such as Manganese Greensand, Filter Sand or rendering a pre filtration layer.
Advantages of Anthracite (Over conventional sand filter)
- Higher service flows as well longer filter runs, good filtrate quality and less head loss than equivalent sand filters.
- Close consideration to gradation, inflexibility and purity that insures consistent as well as reliable performance.
- Exclusive density enables Anthracite to be joint with other separation media in multi-media filters.
- High abrasion resistance as well as bulk density
- Long service life owing to lesser clumping, a least of 25 years without loss of performance.
- Eliminates turbidities, iron, suspended solids, and manganese
- Simple to clean by back washing,
- Best free filter media is rendered for protection of Iron Exchangers, RO Plants
- Activated Carbon filters with high back wash velocity without wash-out loss
- Best separation of the filter layers during the process of back washing
- Efficient separation of heavy particles
- Zero adhesion of hastened ferrous as well as manganese compounds
- Zero release of silica that may result in the scaling of the RO membranes
- High resistance to acid and temperature
- Its surface is meticulously rough and insures a biological filtration
- Low wash water intake and reduced frequency of back wash supplies
- Offered with increased filtration rate
- Complies with international quality
- Easy to clean, clean by backwashing and optimal separation of layers during backwashing
- 98% hardness of the material result in lower abrasion
- Inexpensive in longer term, lessened operating cost and extended service life than any other filter media
- The material also shortens the renewal of activated carbon filter when involved as a helpful layer.
During the process of back washing, it proffers the following advantages.
- Its high bulk density allows a high speed backwashing without wash water loss, at the same time trouble free separation of filter layers.
- Zero adhesion of precipitated iron, calcium or manganese compounds
- Fully useful between pH 3 to pH 12
- Low propensity to clump
- Lower backwash frequency
- Condensed space condition